Thursday, November 24, 2016

SSIS Exception deserializing the package The process cannot access the file .ispac because it is being used by another process

For some reasons, my  SQL Server Data Tools were crashing on a specific package and I could not get it up and running after that until I restarted the machine. However, I started experiencing the same again (not sure about the reason) and this is what I got when I tried to open the package and execute after the crash.

Exception deserializing the package "The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\DineshPriyankara\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\TestDataFlowErrors\TestDataFlowErrors\bin\Development\TestDataFlowErrors.ispac' because it is being used by another process.".


When I checked my Task Manager, I noticed that few SSIS Debug Host are running;


Since I was not running any SSIS project, decided to kill all SSIS related task and of course, problem solved with it. I was able to open and run the package without any issue.

Now, not sure whether it is the best way of solving the issue, have asked from some experts, waiting for some explanations....

No comments: