Sunday, December 28, 2008

Are practice exams worth to purchase?

I was thinking of doing 70-448 (MS SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance) exam and thought to take a practice exam from one of the exam providers. Once googled, I realized that they are bit expensive to me (most were around US$ 125) and had no way of purchasing them but downloaded one sample test that contained 10 questions. Here are 2 questions out of 10, and I decided NOT to purchase any. This question says that there is an error but no description of the error, then how can we figure out the correct answer :)? And I think that the explanation is not relevant to the question too. Again, I am confused, where is the method named "DMO"? Almost all question are just like these. Do you think that they are correct? Have I taken them wrong? Are they worth enough to purchase by spending US$125?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, Personally I don't use nor like to use practice tests. The samples you show are not of standard compared to the exam questions that I have faced, and might surely throw candidates out of focus.

Most of the certifications that I have done was done through part experience, part preparation done off BOL. And of course there are some questions where the answer can be just guessed right. Best thing would be to go through the preparation guide, take a look at the topics and then prepare off BOL. Or you could wait for the study guide to come out, but that could take some months to come out.

Anyways, good luck with your preparation...